The Senior Full Stack Developer is responsible for development team management, architecting and designing applications, and driving the development schedule for DSPolitical. The Senior Full Stack Developer reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer and interacts regularly with other members of the Technology and Innovations department.
Candidates will have an unique opportunity to work on major progressive political races across the US. If you love technology, digital media or politics, and are a ninja-level developer, we would love to meet you!
DSPolitical is a leading digital advertising company in Washington DC. We use the newest programmatic technology to connect advertisers to audiences across digital channels. As the first voter-targeted online advertising network for Democrats, we have experience in enabling Democratic campaigns and Progressive organizations to deliver online ads only to the individuals that our clients wish to target.
- Manage the code base for DemocraticAds.com – DSPolitical’s self service platform.
- Manage the day to day development schedule for yourself and multiple junior developers.
- Design and develop new product offerings and enhance existing products based on guidance from the Technology and Innovation department.
- Engage and work closely with the rest of the Technology and Innovations department to conceive of new products.
- Work with the DemocraticAds.com team on tier 2 troubleshooting.
Language and Requirements:
- Expert with modern, object-oriented PHP.
- Vue.js/React experience a plus.
- Laravel experience a plus.
- Experience interfacing with APIs, including APIs without a pre-built SDK.
- Expert knowledge of SQL.
- Salesforce/Google API experience a plus.
- Experience writing distributed software.
- Experience working with AWS SDK and platforms a plus.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Performance profiling and optimization.
- Application security experience.
- API design experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to set and meet deadlines.
- The drive to succeed in a fast-paced, demanding campaign environment during a major election.
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong digital knowledge and instincts.
- A passion for progressive politics and causes.
- Smart, quick proactive learner with strong attention to detail.
- An independent drive to solve problems and troubleshoot.
- Limitless enthusiasm paired with razorlike attention to detail.
How to apply:
Send your resume with cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Senior Full Stack Developer – [YOUR NAME]”. No calls to staff, please.
DSPolitical is an Equal Opportunity Employer